Significant advances in telephony over the last few years are now yielding some fantastic potential benefits to businesses.
As always, it is about being aware of the possibilities to enable an understanding of what can be achieved. This article focuses on Gamma Telecom’s Inbound platform and the benefits we at Network ROI see in this and how it is already being used by some of our clients.
Inbound is a telephony service for both geographic and non-geographic numbers that provides online access to a full range of call routing, monitoring and management tools. It can be used to serve very small businesses right up to corporate and high-end call centres. Some of the key benefits of using Inbound are:
- It can be used with both geographic (01/02) numbers and non-geographic (08/03) number. It is also possible to port existing business numbers on to the Inbound platform, e.g. if you already have numbers which you want to retain, these can be migrated to the Inbound platform.
- The ability to provide different geographic numbers, e.g. for different areas of the country, all filtering through the same telephony platform.
- Speed of deployment and change. Everything is done online through a portal interface which is connected to Gamma Telecom’s network, with the ability to instantly create or make changes to call plans, announcements and other features.
- The ability to route calls to different sites or offices. This can be done, for example, on the basis of originating geographic number.
- Truly understanding the peaks and troughs of call volumes. With the ability to queue at the network level, Inbound allows you to analyse call traffic patterns and truly see how many line channels and call handlers are needed. This is a major step forward compared with have, say, 15 channels of ISDN30 and not knowing how many callers are getting engaged tones. For some businesses this new level of functionality will enable productivity, profitability and quality of service improvements.
- Make use of advanced features such as real-time call statistics, wallboard facility, call recording, voicemail, call whisper & time of day/date routing.
- Business continuity/disaster recovery capability in that the destination(s) of inbound traffic can be changed at a moment’s notice.
For further information on Inbound and how it could benefit your business, give us a call.